- UGISense AG was founded in 2016 by Birgit Werner and Thomas Lindhorst, two experienced chemists and entrepreneurs working in biotech for more than 20 years.
- Based on its proprietary Ugimers™ platform technology, UGISense develops a new type of antisense drugs.
- Ugimers™ are designed to solve the challenges of antisense technologies, namely delivery, efficacy, stability and toxicity.
- The intellectual property of the technology platform is long-term protected; new intellectual property is generated for each new product developed.
- Development projects in oncology, rare muscular dystrophies, peripheral neuropathies and metabolic diseases demonstrate the potential of the technology.
- UGISense is open for further collaborations with Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies.
- UGISense is financed by private investors, Lead Discover Center Dortmund and SeedCapital II Dortmund.
- UGISense operates with a lean, virtual structure.